Planning Commission Minutes 10-3-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: October 3rd, 2019
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli, Jim Hall
Approval of the Agenda:
- Mr. Stearns moved to approve the agenda. Mr. McKane seconded the motion.
- Boundary Line Adjustment proposal from Peter Kunzler, Tamarack Lane
- No one representing the property is in attendance
- Noyes-Pulling read the application for this Boundary Line Adjustment
- Approval of an amended wastewater permit was not attached.
- Burgess pointed out the map provided states it shall not be used in lieu of survey or for land transfer. No bearings or distances are shown.
- Mylars for the property need to already be on file, it is not known if they are.
- Bill will contact the applicants to review the comments and list of needs and ask them to come to a future meeting.
- Preparations for October 24 public meeting on Stormwater Ordinance
- Letters were sent out to the properties included in the ordinance.
- Many phone calls have been received at Town Hall with questions.
- Discussed asking representation from the Select Board be present for the meeting
- Select Board public hearing on enhanced energy plan
- The Board held their hearing. No one from the public there asked questions
- A decision on voting was moved to the October 15th agenda
- The board had questions and comments on criterion 10 as well as other sections
- Discussed a second letter sent by Planning Commission member Jim Hall to the Select Board stating his objection to the plan being passed.
- Hall stated his objections to the plan in its current form.
- Noyes-Pulling discussed the reasons and background for certain aspects being included
- Discussed the solar project on Cold River Road as being the driving reason behind this plan being formed.
Approval of minutes 9/12/2019:
- Cohen listed some corrections.
- Discussed the reason Ms. Noyes-Pulling made motion. Ms. Noyes-Pulling was not acting as the chair for this meeting.
- Hunter moved to approve as corrected. Mr. McKane seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Mr. Stearns moved to adjourn. Mr. McKane seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously and the meeting adjourned at 7:32PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair