Remodel of Clerk / Treasurer Office
RFP PERIOD IS CLOSED
The Town of Rutland is seeking proposals for a complete remodel of the Clerk and Treasurer’s office at our Municipal Town Hall located at 181 Business Route 4 in Center Rutland.
The following work will include flooring, walls, ceiling, lighting, electrical upgrades, interior construction, and any additional work determined at the discretion of the Rutland Town Select Board.
- Remove and dispose of existing carpet
- Determine presence and stability of wood floors. Refinish if feasible.
- Replace carpeting to match town specified options if wood floors are not refinish-able.
- Remove and dispose of all existing paneling
- Testing for asbestos and lead paint. Clean up per state regulations.
- Replace and upgrade insulation as needed
- Repair hole which houses current A/C wall unit
- Sheet rock and paint
- Mount electrical and internet boxes into walls
- Remove, repair and repaint heat registers
- Install chair rail in specified locations
- If possible salvage baseboard, door and window trim
- Assess existing tin ceiling to determine feasibility of refinishing
- Provide options for ceiling replacing 2×2 to match with a possible change to 2×4 panels
- Replace all existing lighting to be specified by town as LED upgrade
- Add outlets as specified
- Add outlets to counters
- Interior Construction
- Demo counter
- Demo closet
- Replace existing windows in Clerks back office with two and three panel sliders
- Install counters provided by Vermont Correctional Industries
- Install door into Listers office
- Carefully remove 3 plaques in common area and repair sheet rock
- Site visit requests for any additional information need to be directed to Bill Sweet, Administrative Assistant to the Select Board at 802-773-2528 x 13 or in person at the Municipal Town Hall.
- Office renderings available upon request.
- All disposal to be handled by contractor via state requirements
- Movement of office furniture to be completed by contractor prior to start and after completion of project.
- Containment of debris using plastic to keep from disturbing other employees
- Maintain access to vault space as much as possible
- 96 hours prior to close of vault space must be given for alerts to public
- Paint color and carpet color to be determined by the Select Board.
- Sealed proposals are to be delivered to:
Rutland Town Hall
181 Business Route 4
Center Rutland, VT 05736
ATTN: Bill Sweet – Office Renovation
- The Select Board reserves the right to reject any proposal.
- Proposals are due in the town office by noon on Friday October 25th, 2019.
- Proposals will be opened at the Select Board meeting on October 29th, 2019.
- Successful Bidder to start construction as soon as possible and is responsible for applying for / securing any and all permits required.
- Project to be completed by February 28th, 2020.