Fire Committee Minutes 6-2-2020
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
FIRE COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY JUNE 2nd, 2020
The Fire Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 2:00 PM on Tuesday June 2nd, 2020 via a publicly published conference call line. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Member John Paul Faignant, Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Fire Chief Chris Clark, Town Assistant Fire Chief Michael Carlson, Town Assistant Fire Chief Larry Dellveneri.
The committee discussed the need to replace Engine 3 due to issues with the frame discovered during its recent inspection.
- Chief Clark said this truck will not be able to be inspected next year.
- Chief Clark asked if the same vendor could be used to build this truck that built Engine 1, without using the formal bid process.
- Terenzini asked if purchasing a used truck was an option.
- Chief Clark said a used truck would not be our best option.
- Faignant said the used market has trucks mostly over 10 years old.
- Mr. Faignant asked for an outline for this new truck and that the bidding process would need to be used for this truck. They are not considered a preferred vendor currently and Mr. Faignant said they have not been a vendor long enough for that status.
- Chief Carlson stated the department could function with 3 engines for a short period of time to ensure we are able to source the truck that would best fit our needs.
- The truck replacement schedule shows this truck being replaced in 5 years but due to its condition its needs to start now.
- Discussed the depreciation account which funds the cost of the new truck.
- Approximately $51,000 is deposited into the account three times a year.
- The current account balance is $660,891.93.
- Terenzini asked the Chiefs to assemble a committee to work on the replacement.
- Chief Clark stated that a committee was discussed at the recent business meeting.
The committee discussed the Town Fire Alarm Ordinance.
- A copy was provided to the committee members.
- It needs to be reviewed and changes made.
- Knox box requirements can be added when it is open.
- The committee members will review it for discussion at a future meeting.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 2:17 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet