Fire Station Committee Minutes 7-23-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
FIRE STATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY JULY 23rd, 2019
The Fire Station Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 4:30 PM on Tuesday July 23rd at the McKinley Avenue Fire Station. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Town Fire Chief Chris Clark, Town Assistant Fire Chief Mike Carlson, Town Assistant Fire Chief Larry Dellveneri, Town Police Chief Ed Dumas, Town Deputy Police Chief and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- The committee is meeting to discuss the future replacement on the McKinley Avenue fire station.
- The committee reviewed the property maps which show the parcel of land the station currently is on.
- Discussed the future needs of the Fire Department which would need to be integrated into a new building and how the Police Department can be added to the building as well.
- Deputy Chief Washburn has pictures of the recently built Castleton Police Station which is attached to their Fire Department building. The committee reviewed the pictures and asked Deputy Chief Washburn to setup a time the committee can go and look at their building.
- Discussed a proposed land swap with an adjacent property owner. This swap could allow for a more efficient building design. Mr. Denardo was discussing this with the other land owner; he was not available to attend the meeting to give an update.
- Discussed the timeline of future meetings, the next meeting should be set for August.
- The committee determined that a decision on a land swap needs to be finalized by October 1st, 2019.
- A complete property survey will need to be done if necessary.
- New deeds will need to be drawn up if necessary
- All parties involved will need to sign off
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:15 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.