Personnel / Finance Committee Minutes 11-22-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
PERSONNEL / FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22nd, 2019
The Personnel & Finance Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 8:45 AM on Friday November 22nd at the Center Rutland Fire Station. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Member John Paul Faignant, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway, Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- The committee met with Andrew Peisch from AM Peisch to review paperwork related to the completed audit.
- The committee reviewed and discussed the governance letter provided by Mr. Peisch.
- The audit process was reviewed.
- Peisch provided and reviewed the financial statements.
- The cash to open account has been restored to $1.5 million from the budget surplus with additional money being applied to the capital improvement fund.
- The capital improvement fund balance is currently $269,000.
- The committee discussed what capital improvements are.
- Peisch stated it was what the board defined it to be. He also suggested the board create a policy to help define what it is and how it should be used.
- This will be brought up at a future board meeting.
- Peisch provided and reviewed the internal control letter.
- Hathaway discussed having them committee help create a cash handling policy
- Peisch suggested creating an IT policy which would layout the process for disaster recovery.
- Terenzini and Ms. Hathaway signed the letter approving the audit. This will be ratified at a future board meeting.
- The committee discussed which personnel working for the town should sign and receive copies of the personnel policy.
- It would apply to all Town Hall employees, The Select Board, The Police, Fire, Highway and Rec Department, The Planning Commission and all other support staff which can include election workers.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 9:15 AM
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.