Planning Commission Minutes 1-24-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, By phone Andrew McKane
Approval of the Agenda:
- Hunter moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. The motion passed 6-0.
- Mary Beth Poli addressed the commission. She has recently applied for one of the openings on the commission. She provided some of her background information.
- Jim Scholtz presented the commission with some maps of properties on Timber Lane (Formerly Park Lane).
- Scholtz owns lot # 1 and lot # 3.
- There is a discrepancy of the lot lines in the area.
- Scholtz had a survey done and the surveyor determined the tax maps are incorrect.
- Scholtz is asking for the commission to make a determination on the correct property lines and have the property deeds correct for all lots affected.
- Scholtz has been working on this since 2003.
- The commission cannot take any action as presented.
- Scholtz will meet with Mr. Burgess to determine what needs to be done and Mr. Scholtz will work with the other land owner to see if they can resolve this amongst themselves.
- Viewshed Report conference call with the Milddlebury College professor will be held next Tuesday, the 29th, at 10AM.
- Public hearings on the Town Plan should be held in March.
- Reviewed and discussed the viewshed report at length.
- Peterson moved to revisit our viewshed analysis section of the Town Plan and remove the following 4 roads from protected viewshed status. Those roads are East Proctor Road, Quaterline Road, Route 4 West Bypass & Viewmont Drive. Mr. Cohen seconded the motion. After discussion the motion passed 5-0
- Approval of New Subdivision forms
- Discussion and clarification of parts of various forms.
- Discussed some minor clerical changes on various forms.
- Peterson moved to accept all the Planning Commission forms for subdivisions with the minor corrections included as discussed and they may be used as soon as final copies are available. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
- 2 open vacancies have been advertised and applications are due by January 31st.
Approval of minutes January 3rd 2019:
- Peterson moved to accept the minutes. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. After discussion, with a minor clerical correction, the motion passed 4-0 with Mr. Hunter abstaining.
- Peterson moved to adjourn. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0. The meeting adjourned at 9:21 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair