Planning Commission Minutes 10-25-18
TOWN OF RUTLAND
DATE October 25th, 2018
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Dick Lloyd, Norman Cohen, Jerry Stearns
Approval of the Agenda: Mr. Cohen moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Lloyd made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Michael Fiske presented the commission with copies of a survey showing the changes of his proposed boundary line adjustment between his property and that of VELCO.
- A survey for both properties has been completed qualifying it for a boundary line adjustment.
- Fiske read a letter outlining his request to the commission.
- Lloyd moved to approve the request. Mr. Stearns made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- After further discussion Mr. Fiske does not own this section of the land yet. The motion was modified giving preliminary approval pending the sale and submission of the final plat to the commission. The amended motion passed unanimously.
- Evaluation of Business Route 4 recommendation CR3, public space at Town Hall
- Discussion using the evaluation criteria.
- Discussion of feasibility given the scope of the project
- Peterson moved to have this recommendation included in the report to the Select Board with a notation that the Planning Commission does not have sufficient information to make a recommendation or score the recommendation. A feasibility study would need to be done. Mr. Burgess made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Discussion of some previous road way improvements (bump outs) proposed.
- Review of updates made to language in the report which will be presented to the Select Board at their next meeting.
- Review drafts of new subdivision application forms
- Review of instruction sheet, Form 1, Form 2, Form 3 and verification form.
- Several changes were proposed and notated across the forms. Changes will be made and updated forms to be available at the next Planning Commission meeting.
Approval of minutes 10/4/2018:
- Peterson moved to approve. Mr. Burgess made a second to the motion. After a brief discussion of clerical corrections the motion passed unanimously.
- Peterson moved to adjourn. Mr. Stearns made a second to the motion. The meeting adjourned at 9:07 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair