Planning Commission Minutes 2-21-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND
DATE February 21st, 2019
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli
Approval of the Agenda:
- Discussion of the Pocket Park is being removed from the agenda for tonight.
- Peterson moved to approve the agenda as corrected. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Rutland Town Fire Chief Frank Cioffi discussed his concerns with some new construction taking place in Rutland Town. The only road accessible to the site is through the Town of Mendon. The original Act 250 permit referenced them accessing the site through what is now Honey Bee Place.
- Chief Cioffi wrote comments on the original application the town road would need to be upgraded to be able to handle fire apparatus.
- There is no hearing scheduled on this current project, but one can be requested. The Act 250 board would need to be notified in writing by February 27th to request one.
- Cohen moved to authorize the Planning Commission Chair to speak with the Select Board in the case council would need to be contacted. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. After discussion the motion was withdrawn.
- Cohen moved to authorize the Planning Commission Chair to speak to the town Attorney in regards to the Act 250 application filed by Paquette Property Management & Consulting LLC, application 1R1009 regarding the proposed amendment to the land use permit. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Discussion about inviting the Paquette’s to a future meeting when appropriate.
- Jim Scholtz asked the commission about an update to the boundary line adjustment procedure previously discussed and gave an update on the property line adjustment he had previously brought up before.
Ms. Noyes-pulling welcomed the newly appointment Planning Commission member Mary Beth Poli
New Business: Review and discussion of the view shed study from Middlebury College;
- Reviewed the changes made to the study at the request of the Commission.
- Peterson moved to accept the updated view shed analysis. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. After discussion the motion passed unanimously.
- Lengthy discussion on where to apply this study to the town plan.
- Cohen moved the scenic view shed analysis and inventory for Rutland Town be attached as an appendix to the Rutland Town Plan. Ms. Poli seconded the motion. The motion passed by a vote of 5 to 1 with 1 abstention. Mr. Peterson abstained and Mr. Stearns voted against the motion
Old Business: Public hearing for the energy portion of the new town plan;
- The hearing date will be set for March 28th.
- Discussion of looking into grant and funding opportunities to later present to the Select Board.
Approval of minutes 1/24/2019:
- Peterson moved to accept the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. After discussion, a minor clerical change was made. Mr. Peterson moved to accept the motion as amended. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously with Mr. Stearns abstaining.
- Hunter moved to adjourn. Mr. Stearns seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously and the meeting adjourned at 8:31 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair