Planning Commission Minutes 3-12-2020
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: March 12th, 2020
RUTLAND TOWN HALL
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chairperson Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli
Approval of the Agenda:
Mr. Cohen moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
New Business: Jim Donovan, Broadreach Planning & Design: potential Business Rt. 4 projects discussion
- Would like to review possible grant opportunities
- Discussed construction activities and upgrades which have happened in the Business Route 4 corridor
- Business Route 4 is scheduled to be repaved this year, potentially starting in April.
- Reviewed highlights from the meeting where all the recommendations were scored.
- Planting street trees along Business Route 4 was discussed, along with some possible grant opportunities. Mr. Donovan will follow up with the possibilities.
- Discussed the addition of bike lanes along the shoulders and the best way to implement them using painted lines
- Discussed the idea of using marble as a unifying theme and a variety of possibilities for it
- Discussed how to use street trees along the sides of the road and the possibility of creating a median down the center of the road with planed trees.
New Business Act 250 application submitted by the town for a cold storage building at Northwood Park
- Reviewed the application for the building.
Old Business; Rob Shawn Place mylar ready for signing
- The state wastewater permit was approved and received.
- A call-in option should be available if needed by the next meeting
Approval of minutes 2/20/2020:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. After some discussion, the motion was amended to accept the clerical corrections. The motion passed unanimously.
- Stearns moved to adjourn. Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously, and the meeting adjourned at 7:49 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair