Planning Commission Minutes 4-9-2020
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: April 9th, 2020
Held via publicly accessible conference call line
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Norman Cohen, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli, Sherman Hunter, Jim Hall, Select Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Select Board Clerk Mary Ashcroft, Select Board Member Joe Denardo, Michael Melone and Chris Little from Ecos Energy.
New Business: Discuss the Otter Creek Solar project
- Noyes-Pulling reviewed the Otter Creek project
- Malone discussed the reason for the change. The original was put together with the in tension that Green Mountain power would be the off taker.
- It needed to be broken up due to regulatory requirements.
- The designations are now Otter Creek 1A, 1B and 2.
- Hall discussed concerns about decommissioning.
- Malone reviewed the steps taken including establishing cash accounts to cover projected decommissioning expenses. There are separate accounts for each project.
- Malone stated all projects are paused currently while the Public Utility Commission conducts an investigation into their access points.
- Once completed these 3 projects will occupy all the useable space on the parcel, no future projects are planned.
- There will be a permanent access road off of Windcrest Road, which will require a permit issued by the Select Board.
- Ashcroft questioned storm water control. Mr. Malone stated the plans stayed the same. The drainage runs North to South.
Mr. Peterson moved to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 7:07 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair