Planning Commission Minutes 5-30-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: May 30th, 2019
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli, Jim Hall
Approval of the Agenda:
- Noyes-Pulling asked to amend the agenda to include a review the draft forms for a Boundary Line Adjustment. Mr. Hunter moved to approve amending the agenda. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- The Commission welcomed their newly appointed alternate, Jim hall
New Business: Review of the Storm Water Ordinance and draft permit forms;
- Reviewed the ordinance after Andres Torizzo from Watershed Consulting incorporated the changes which had previously discussed.
- There is a spot for a fee which would need to be decided on.
- Peterson reviewed 2 items.
- Changing acre to acres on the first page
- Clarifying what CGP meant
- It stands for Construction General Permit
- Cohen moved to adopt as corrected, for a period of 60 days, the 3 page draft application for land use disturbance permit. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Discussed inviting Andres back to a meeting to go over additional questions and provide training.
- Cohen asked for field visits.
- A video screen with GIS mapping can be used to review different areas.
- Andres will be contacted to see if he is available for the July 11th meeting
New Business: Discussion of Storm Water Ordinance mailing and upcoming education/outreach programs;
- A mailing has gone out directly to the 41 high impact properties
- The Select Board approved a request to conduct some additional public outreach and training around this new ordinance and asked for ideas.
- The commission agreed Andres should attend.
- Discussed some additional questions and topics for Andres including what to do with conditions that existed prior to the start of the ordinance, and if they are grandfathered.
- Discussed resending the flyer again to the high impact properties, and including a letter explaining why they are receiving this information.
- Discussed setting a time for a public hearing with Andres in the near future.
- Discussed contacting Keith Whitcomb at the Rutland Herald to do a story.
New Business: Storm Water Ordinance revisions;
- The final draft with all revisions is being done by Andres to be provided to the Select Board for their June 11th
New Business: Commission to review the draft Boundary Line Adjustment Forms;
- ECOS Energy may be requesting a boundary line adjustment soon as they try to secure a right of way for road access
- McKane asked for language to be added which addresses the application certifying their adjustment does not violate any existing covenants or Act 250 permits.
- A line will be added to the instruction page, under section 2 to add this language.
- Stearns moved to approve all of the new Boundary Line Adjustment forms with the additional language. Ms. Poli seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Old Business: Select board public hearings on energy plan and other changes to Municipal Plan: May 28 and June 11:
- A few residents were present and gave testimony and asked questions.
- Reviewed the discussion from the board meeting about the ability to collect taxes for solar sites.
- If the energy plan does not pass, there would not be an energy target.
- The next hearing will be on June 11th at 7PM.
- If it is approved it will go to the Regional Planning Commission in September for approval.
Approval of minutes May 9th, 2019:
- Cohen suggested several clerical changes.
- Hunter moved to approve the minutes as amended. Ms. Poli seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- A committee for the pocket park has been formed but a meeting is not yet scheduled.
- Cohen thanked Ms. Noyes-Pulling and Mr. Peterson for their presentation to the Select Board.
Mr. Stearns moved to adjourn. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously and the meeting adjourned at 8:16 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair