Planning Commission Minutes 8-22-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: August 22nd, 2019
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli, Norman Cohen, Jim Hall
Approval of the Agenda:
Mr. McKane moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
New Business; Isovolta boundary line adjustment / land conveyance:
- Seth Howard representing Isovolta and Chad Vorlicek from ECOS Energy was present.
- ECOS initiated the request to do a lot line adjustment, enabling an access road to be built to construct the Otter Creek 2 solar site.
- Discussed who has ownership of the road the access to the solar site would come off of. The town does not own the road past the railroad tracks.
- The access road being installed would be a gravel driveway and would be removed when the site is decommissioned.
- There was a discussion whether this change should be classified as a minor sub division or boundary line adjustment.
- Reviewed the questions on the boundary line adjustment form for approval.
- All applicable required items are present.
- Howard asked if the town would be able to do research to determine ownership of the balance of Windcrest Road leading up to their facility and determine if the town can officially take ownership of it.
- This request will be passed along.
- Burgess moved to approve the boundary line adjustment in accordance with the survey from VT Survey Consultants LLC as submitted. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously. Mr. Peterson abstained.
- A survey plat is now required for recording.
Old Business; Update on Velco boundary line adjustment:
- Mike Fiske from Velco came to a Planning Commission meeting in June to review a project where the proposed installing a larger solar array on their property, but it would be inside a buffer area with an adjoining parcel, also owned by Velco. The Select Board gave a waiver to them provided they combined the 2 parcels.
- A new map has been provided by Velco showing all their contiguous parcels being combined.
- Burges moved to approve the survey plat as presented. Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
Old Business; Update on the Select Board public hearing on the enhanced energy plan:
- The final hearing is scheduled for October 1st 2019 at 7 PM, during the regular meeting.
- This is the last public hearing needed before adoption.
- No presentation by the Planning Commission is needed this time.
Old Business; Discussion of next public meeting for Storm Water Ordinance:
- The meeting is scheduled for October 24th.
- Barbara has reached out to Andres, and he is available for this meeting.
- A list of all of the parcels affected by this ordinance has been requested from him.
- Barbara is drafting a letter to be sent to all the affected parcels, it will be available for review at the next meeting.
- Discussed adding notes in the Grand List to notate which parcels are affected so in the event of a property transfer the new owners can be notified of this ordinance.
- At the next meeting, we will put a copy of the town maps up on a projector at the Center Rutland Fire Station to identify the parcels and create a database.
Old Business; Update on Planning Commissions Guidelines for Debate & Transparency:
- Peterson reviewed some of the feedback given on his first draft. He handed out an updated copy showing crossover from the new policy passed by the Select Board and gave a list of comments and feedback.
- Reviewed and discussed the updated draft document including title, breaking out into sections and language.
- The group discussed the origin of this document and if there was a need for it.
- An informal poll was taken to gauge interest in moving ahead with the work on this document.
- A majority of members present were in favor of moving forward.
- The idea of forming a small committee to work on this was brought up, after discussion a decision on this was not formally reached.
Old Business; Mead Falls pocket Park plans:
- The design is available to review. Barbara asked members to look at it and follow up with comments or questions on the proposals.
- Discussed beginning the regular meeting at 6PM.
- Some members are in favor of it, some are not.
- After some discussion, 630 PM was proposed.
- A decision was made to move the meeting to start at 630 PM for September 12th, October 3rd and 27th.
- Barbara will send out information on upcoming meetings and workshops.
- If members are interested in attending, there is a fee, but it will be covered by the Planning Commission budget. Please contact Bill if you are interested in going.
Approval of minutes August 1st, 2019:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. After a small clerical change, the motion passed unanimously.
Mr. Peterson moved to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair