Rec Committee Minutes 3-17-2020
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY MARCH 17TH, 2020
The Recreation Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 5:00 PM on Tuesday March 17, 2020 via a publicly published conference call line. Present was Board member Sharon Russell, Board Member John Paul Faignant, Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet and Town Rec Director Michael Rowe.
The committee discussed summer employment plans for Northwood Park.
- Rowe will discuss the schedule of opening the pool for this season with the full board.
- He plans to proceed as normal with the hiring process.
- John Tremblay has been rehired to do summer maintenance at Northwood Park and Chuck Hall will do maintenance at Dewey Field.
- Maintenance typically begins April 1st as long as jobs allow for any guidelines in place for social distancing.
- Faignant suggested they not interact or do so as minimally as possible.
- Rowe said he will be working at the park during the time school is closed.
The committee discussed access to Northwood Park
- All organized sports are currently suspended.
- Discussed closing the park to all public access.
- It would have to be opened on Transfer Station days
- Discussed how to limit access using the gate or other barriers and signs.
- Discussed posting signs for the basketball courts, tennis courts, athletic fields and playground being closed and leaving the park open to walkers.
- This will be brought up with the full board for discussion.
- If signs are needed, Mr. Rowe will get them.
Discussed the availability of supplies needed to open the pool. Mr. Rowe will call and verify.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:23 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet