Rec Committee Minutes 6-25-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY JUNE 25th, 2019
The Recreation Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 5:10 PM on Tuesday June 25th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Member Sharon Russell, Recreation Director Mike Rowe and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- Committee discussed some recent damage noticed at the Northwood Park dugouts for the big baseball field. It will be repaired the staff with material they already have available.
- Discussed the feasibility of the recreation department acquiring a 1998 Ford Ranger from the Town Fire Department when they are ready to take it out of service
- There is an estimated $300 annual cost for insurance
- It has been serviced by Earls Truck Repair, Mr. Rowe would continue to bring it there
- The truck would be used by the Rec Director and Road Commissioner as a service vehicle
- It would be parked in either the Northwood Park maintenance building or the Town Highway garage.
- It should be available from the Fire Department in about 3 to 4 months
- The committee will recommend to the full board to accept the truck.
- There will be no cost associated with the transfer
- Rowe reported the 5th and 6th grade baseball team is in the championships and will be playing Brandon on the 26th in Brandon
- The trail clean-up work was very successful
- Rowe discussed asking the town highway crew for help at the school with a project for the softball field. Their time would be paid for by the school budget and not the highway budget.
- The committee will recommend to the full board to allow them to do the work
- Rowe reported pool pass sales are on par with past years
- Rowe reported that renovations at Dewey Field are nearing completion. Some fence work and line painting is all that remains.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:30 PM
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.