Recreation Committee Meeting Minutes 10/24/18
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY OCTOBER 24th, 2018
The Recreation Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 24th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board member Sharon Russell, RT Rec Director Mike Rowe and Board Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- Discussion of proposed budget for FY 2019.
- Review of proposal to repair & resurface the tennis & basketball courts at Dewey field in addition to paving the parking lot & driveway.
- Review of possible changes to the configuration of the Dewey field courts & parking lots.
- Discussion of the depreciation funds being used for the Dewey field project.
- Discussion of the future need to replace the pool & the scope of the project
- Review of the employee section of the budget, no major changes
- Review of the utility section of the budget, no major changes
- Review of the maintenance section of the budget. No increases, there is a decrease in new equipment due to no substantial purchases planned for this year.
- Review of other expenses. Miscellaneous increased for the planned implementation of the disc gold course at Northwood Park.
- Review of concession, no changes
- Overall proposed budget total of $156675. This is a $300, 0.19%, decrease over last year
- Mike responded to VLCT regarding the list of recommendations for Northwood park. All of them have been implemented expect for the bleachers which will be done in the spring.
- Discussion of the possibility of installing fitness stations, similar to the ones at the school, in Northwood Park.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 4:45PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet.