Select Board minutes 11-27-18
TOWN OF RUTLAND
SELECT BOARD MEETING-OPEN MEETING
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL BUILDING
181 US BUSINESS ROUTE 4, CENTER RUTLAND, VT 05736
NOVEMBER 27th, 2018
- Board members present: Josh Terenzini, Mary Ashcroft, Sharon Russell, JP Faignant
- Meeting opened at 6:00 P.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Orders
The Board approved the orders
Approval of Select Board Minutes for 11-13-18
- Russell moved to approve the minutes, Ms. Ashcroft made second to the motion. The motion passed 3-0 with Mr. Faignant abstaining.
New Business; Board to meet with Town Attorney Kevin Brown:
- Russell moved to enter executive session to discuss pending litigation with Town Attorney Kevin Brown and Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet attending. Ms. Ashcroft made a second to the motion. The motion passed 4-0. The board entered executive session at 6:03 PM.
- The board came out of executive session at 6:37 PM. Faignant moved to deny the public record request appeal from Senior Assistant Attorney General John Dunleavy and have the town attorney send notification of this decision. Ms. Ashcroft made a second to the motion. The motion passed 4-0.
New Business; Board to meet with Mary Cohen and Tyler Richardson from the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce to discuss the regional marketing initiative:
- Cohen and Mr. Richardson gave a presentation to the board on their Rutland Region marketing campaign.
- Provided data on online marketing and its results.
- They showed videos which have been produced to highlight living and working in the Rutland area.
- Reviewed updates made to their website and future plans
Bill Sweet Administrative Assistant to the Select Board:
- Provided information from state statute on dog licensing
- Provided information from Northstar Fireworks on incentive for paying early for July 4th Pricing will be provided for the budget meeting for discussion.
- Provided updated budget sheets
- Provided RTPD calls for service
- Provided follow up correspondence from Barbara Krysztofik regarding the dog barking complaint.
- Board of Health presentation by Town Health Office JP Faignant will be done at the meeting on December 11th.
- The American and Vermont State flag have been replaced on the flag pole at Town Hall
Barbara Noyes-Pulling Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair:
- No updates.
Kirsten Hathaway Rutland Town Clerk/Treasurer:
- Discussed where funds from Timber sale should be deposited. They will go to the Mead fund.
Frank Cioffi Rutland Town Fire Chief:
- Reminded everyone to make sure vents around your house stay clear and to check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Will follow up with A. Tedescos masonry on the status of the flower bed caps
Committee meeting updates:
- Reviewed recent Highway Committee meeting
- Reviewed recent PD / Transfer Station committee meeting
- Reviewed recent building committee meeting
- Reviewed options to start clerks office remodel
Mr. Faignant made a motion to adjourn. Ms. Russell made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet
Joshua Terenzini, Chairman
Mary Ashcroft, Clerk
John Paul Faignant
Center Rutland, VT.