Select Board Minutes 9-8-2020
TOWN OF RUTLAND SELECT BOARD OPEN MEETING
SEPTEMBER 8th, 2020
- Location: Center Rutland Fire Station 619 Business Route 4 Center Rutland, VT
- Board members present: Joshua Terenzini, Mary Ashcroft and Joe Denardo
- Also present: Town Clerk and Treasurer Kari Clark and Kevin Loso from the Rutland Housing Authority, Don Chioffi
- Meeting began at 6:00 P.M.
- The meeting opened with the pledge of allegiance
The board is meeting to discuss the proposed project to redevelop the site at 101 US Route 4 East.
- Mr. Chioffi spoke to the board about questions and concerns with the project.
- Mr. Chioffi asked Mr. Loso if the permit had ant conditions. Mr. Loso stated he did not believe so but the final permit has not been issued yet.
- Mr. Chioffi asked the board to request conditions be added to the final permit regarding what the project is stated to be in terms of occupancy, the total number of children allowed and where they will attend school.
- Mr. Chioffi addressed his concerns about the request to reduce or waive taxes for the property.
- Ms. Ashcroft moved to complete the municipal impact questionnaire for the Bridge / Transitional Housing Project with the following information for Part A.
- Fire Department – Yes, there is an ability to provide service
- Police Department – No, based upon the letter provided by Chief Dumas on September 4th. This letter, and a previous letter from August 21st to be attached to the submission.
- Rescue Service – town does not provide
- Road – Yes, and the comments provided by Mr. Hathaway should be attached.
- Solid Waste – Yes, there will be no impact.
- For Part B, would the deficiencies occur without this project it would be answered Yes for Highway and No for Police.
- For Part C regarding the deficiencies being common, it would be answered No for Highway and Yes for Police.
- For Part D, being available for an Act 250 hearing to discuss, it would be answered Yes.
- Mr. Denardo seconded the motion.
- Mr. Terenzini asked how the occupancy cost is covered.
- Mr. Loso said there are a variety of grant and subsidy programs which are used. Section 8 vouchers could also be used if needed.
- The motion passed 3-0. The questionnaire will be completed and submitted.
- Mr. Loso stated he is working on a reply to Chief Dumas to address his concerns and will be delivered to him in the near future as a memorandum of understanding.
- Ms. Ashcroft stated she has reviewed calls for service for our Police Department and did not find a large number for housing projects in other areas.
The board discussed the sidewalk that was asked for by VTrans for the new Harbor Freight building. VTrans removed the requirement after seeing evidence of the hardship of constructing it.
Ms. Ashcroft moved to adjourn. Mr. Denardo seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0 and the meeting adjourned at 6:22 PM.
There being no other business, the meeting adjourned at 1:05 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet
|Joshua C. Terenzini, Chairman|
|Mary Ashcroft, Clerk|
|John Paul Faignant|