Select Board Site Visit Minutes 7-30-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND SELECT BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
179 WINDCREST ROAD RUTLAND, VT 05701
JULY 30TH, 2019
- Board members present; Mary Ashcroft, Joseph Denardo
- Also present; Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, property owner Dan & Nancy Barker and Property Owner Mark Alderman
- Meeting began at 5:00 P.M.
New Business: Board to conduct a site visit at the Town Right of Way on Windcrest Road;
- Discussed the origin of the conveyance of the right of way to the Town. The Barkers have a copy of the deed which details the transfer. A copy was provided to the Town.
- Alderman’s Chevrolet is currently storing cars behind the house they recently purchased at 153 Windcrest Road. The cars are stored in a fenced in area behind the house.
- The original purpose of the right of way was to grant access to a well for Fire District # 2, the Fire District does not exist any longer. The well has been gone since the Diamond Run Mall was constructed
- Alderman offered to include his father in on discussions with the Barker’s about the future plans for their property.
- The current rights to the use of the land in the right of way are not known and some research needs to be done.
- Ashcroft stated she would be able to do that.
- All the parties present walked the area of the right of way.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:20 PM.
|Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet|
|Joshua C. Terenzini, Chairman|
|Mary Ashcroft, Clerk|
|John Paul Faignant|
Center Rutland, VT.