Special Select Board Meeting Minutes 2-12-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND SELECT BOARD
SPECIAL MEETING – OPEN MEETING
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL BUILDING
181 US BUSINESS ROUTE 4, CENTER RUTLAND, VT 05736
FEBRUARY 12th, 2019
- Board members present: Josh Terenzini, Mary Ashcroft, Joe Denardo, Sharon Russell, JP Faignant – By Phone
- Meeting opened at 6:00 P.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance
New Business: Board to hear comment regarding proposed changes to East Pittsford Road Intersection;
- Chris Howland addressed the board with his concerns about the proposed changes and gave his reasons for opposing the changes.
- Norm Ladabouche addressed the board with his concerns about the proposed changes and gave his reasons for opposing the changes.
- Joe McKirryher addressed the board with his concerns about the proposed changes and gave his reasons for opposing the changes, including the effect on trucks with trailers.
- Sharon Russell addressed her concerns about the proposed changes and gave her reasons for opposing the changes.
- Denardo commented on the proposed changes and gave his comments on why he feels these changes are beneficial, including because he feels the recommendation from the engineer should be followed
- Faignant commented on the reasons he feels the changes should be made, including that it should have the effect of lowering speeds around the intersection and businesses at the start of East Pittsford Road.
- Ashcroft commented on the testimony given by the rep from VTrans at the previous meeting and that she would have liked his information to have been more detailed.
- Terenzini commented on his feelings about the changes proposed to the intersection.
- Ashcroft moved to advise VTrans the town would like the intersection kept in the existing configuration. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-2.
Ms. Ashcroft has brought to the board a recommendation to purchase 5 new chairs for the board room and a cost of $159.99 each. Mr. Faignant seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Ms. Ashcroft informed the board the town reports have been labeled and delivered to the Post Office.
Mr. Denardo moved to authorize Mr. Terenzini to sign a letter to the school board denying their request for a further reduction in the reimbursement amount for the current budget year. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0 with Mr. Faignant and Ms. Russell abstaining.
Ms. Ashcroft moved to adjourn. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
The meeting adjourned at 6:26PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet
Joshua Terenzini, Chairman
Mary Ashcroft, Clerk
John Paul Faignant
Center Rutland, VT.