Special Select Board Meeting Minutes 6-6-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND SELECT BOARD OPEN MEETING
731 GROVER DRIVE RUTLAND, VT 05701
JUNE 6TH, 2019
- Board members present: Josh Terenzini, Mary Ashcroft, JP Faignant
- Also present Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway, Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet and property owner Jim Ragosta
- Meeting opened at 5:00 P.M.
New Business: Board to review changes made to a storm water management area by a resident;
- Ragosta reviewed for the board the genesis of what lead to the changes he made, which was poor drainage in the area.
- Ragosta stated he felt the original design was poor.
- Hathaway said the original state of the affected area looked just like the area immediately adjacent to the East.
- Red Grover still owns the property in question but granted the town and easement to allow for storm water storage.
- Ragosta stated he has been given permission from his neighbor to the West to install a culvert or drain under his driveway connecting to his pond on the far side of his property.
- Discussed installing a culvert across Grover Drive to the north. Mr. Hathaway stated the grade does not allow for this to be an effective solution.
- Hathaway said he would work with Mr. Ragosta to issue a permit for the directional boring plan and drilling in the right of way.
- There is a 50’ Town Right of Way, and currently 20’ of it is paved.
- Ragosta asked if the cost of the repair / mitigation could be split with the town. The board members declined to make any kind of agreement during the visit.
- This will be brought up at the next board meeting for further discussion.
Mr. Faignant moved to adjourn. Ms. Ashcroft seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0. The meeting adjourned at 5:15 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet
|Joshua C. Terenzini, Chairman|
|Mary Ashcroft, Clerk|
|John Paul Faignant|
Center Rutland, VT.