Town Wide Celebration Committee Minutes 4-2-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
TOWN WIDE CELEBRATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY APRIL 2nd, 2019
The Town Wide Celebration Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 4:00 PM on Tuesday April 2nd at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Clerk Mary Ashcroft, Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway, Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway.
- The Committee met to discuss the 2019 Town Wide Celebration
- Planned for July 6th with a rain date of July 7th
- Starting at 11AM and ending after the swim up movie which starts around 9
- BBQ Cookout again from 11 to 1, we will ask Killington FD for their grill again
- Contact Happy Cow Ice Cream for availability, plan for 12 to 1 with flexibility
- Bottled water- Still have some from last year, or Big Lots for donation?
- DJ again, 11 to 3
- Wagon Rides with Hathaway Farms
- Rutland County Humane Society to bring pets for adoption drive? 3 to 5?
- Pet Parade at 4PM?
- Rutland Town Police and Fire Departments 11 -> ?
- Dunk Tank?
- Bounce House – Donation from Jump For Fun in exchange for a banner/ advertising?
- National guard
- Old Style games? – Sack race, 3 legged race, etc.
- DHART Helicopter and Regional Ambulance Service?
- Rutland Historical Society
- LARGE Scale water balloon fight? Location and clean up?
- A concert for early evening, Satin and Steel or the Onion River Jazz Band?
- Rutland County Sheriff Department with the rollover car
- Purchase food again from Tenney Brook, rolls from Freihoffers
- Fire Extinguisher Demo / Fire Safety Trailer
- Decorated bike parade
- Chili cook off
- Water Polo – with FD assistance
- Door prizes?
- Big Lenny hot dogs, later afternoon
- Corporate sponsors this year? A banner on the fence for a donation of money or product?
- Auto Dealerships
- Mountain View Equipment (display tractors?)
- Home Depot
- Awards for the chili cookoff; judges choice, crowd choice. What would they be?
- Awards for the decorated bike parade? Everyone that enters gets something?
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.