Water & Sewer Committee Minutes 12-16-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
WATER & SEWER COMMITTEE MEETING
MONDAY DECEMBER 16th, 2019
The Water & Sewer Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 9:20 AM on Monday December 16th at the Center Rutland Fire Station. Present was Board Clerk Mary Ashcroft, Board Member Joe Denardo, Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway and Mr. Robert Clark from Otter Creek Engineering.
- The committee met with Mr. Robert Clark from Otter Creek Engineering to discuss a proposed water line extension down Randbury Road.
- Soil testing was completed along the proposed site and no contamination was found
- Clark estimated costs could come in lower than initial projects with the competitive bidding process.
- Clark recommended a 60 day bid period, which the committee agreed with.
- Most business owners along Randbury Road were in favor of connecting to the new line.
- The State requires a permit to operate as well as a construction permit. This permit requires Rutland City to sign off for approval as well. Mr. Clark said it has been submitted to them and he does not expect any issues.
- Clark needs signed approval to start the bid process as well as permission for Bill to sign the state permit application on behalf of the town so it can be filed.
- Ashcroft and Mr. Denardo will reach out to the other board members to sign the approval and discuss approving Bill to sign the permit application.
- Clark indicated there is a lot of interest from companies to bid on this project.
- Ashcroft will call Board Chair Joshua Terenzini to discuss setting a meeting for giving approval.
- Allen suggested waiting until after January 1st to advertise the project.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 9:40 AM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet