Building Committee Meeting 2-28-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
BUILDING COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 28th, 2019
The Building Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 11:05 AM on Thursday February 28th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Clerk Mary Ashcroft, Board Member Joseph Denardo, Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway.
- Discuss remodel of the Town Clerks Office
- Hathaway presented her conceptual design for the remodel of her office
- Reviewed and discussed the changes she proposed
- Discussed the idea of installing a heat pump and where it can be mounted. It would need to be done once the remodel is complete.
- The major points of the project will be to update the counter, furniture, walls, flooring and lighting.
- Barrier glass was recommended by the Town PD.
- Wright Construction will be invited to review the scope of our project.
- Town Hall Repairs
- A window for the listers office door has been ordered. A new door will not be required, this window can be installed in the existing door.
- The balance of the projects (installing the changing table, coat hooks and bathroom signs) will be completed in the next couple of weeks.
- Other business
- The windows in the offices at Town Hall do not have any shades, most windows need them. Bill will poll the staff to determine a preference and make a recommendation.
- The emergency lights (which come on in a power failure) are not working. Bill will contact a vendor to get them repaired.
- Ashcroft asked Mr. Sweet to obtain a quote to install new locks (the same as what was installed recently at the Center Rutland Fire Station) on 3 doors at Town Hall.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 11:43 AM.
Respectfully submitted Mr. Bill Sweet.
A copy of the conceptual design for the office will be attached to the minutes.