Building Committee Minutes 1-14-2020
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
BUILDING COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY JANUARY 14th, 2020
The Building Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 10:15 AM on Tuesday January 14th at the Rutland Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board member Joe Denardo, Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway and Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- The committee discussed the older of the two trees out front of Town Hall.
- Hathaway recommended taking the tree down.
- It was offered to Rutland City for their Depot Park Christmas tree. The offer was declined.
- After some discussion, the committee will recommend removing the tree and replacing it with a new one.
- The committee discussed the garden out front of Town hall by the memorial. Town resident Marty Wasserman and his wife refreshed the garden last fall. The committee was happy with what they did and will ask them to continue.
- The future of the monument was discussed. There are many directions a new monument could go and it was decided a steering committee would be best to come up with concepts and researching possible funding sources.
- The committee reviewed remaining projects to be completed at Town Hall. These include repainting the hallway, replacing the water fountain and replacing the old furniture in the listers office.
- A quote was given to us from Kyle Bedard for the painting and water fountain. The cost to repair the walls and repaint the hallway is $2750. The cost to replace the water fountain is $2200. A price for new furniture is not yet known. The vendor who supplied the new furniture in the Select Board room and the Town Clerks office will be contacted to come and review options and provide pricing.
- The committee will recommend to the full board to move forward with the painting and water fountain and towards the end of the fiscal year see what is left in building maintenance that can be put towards new furniture.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 10:40 AM. Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.