Celebration Committee Minutes 5-28-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
CELEBRATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY MAY 28th, 2019
The Celebration Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 4:00 PM on Tuesday May 28th at Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Member Sharon Russell, Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Fire Chief Chris Clark and Town Assistant Fire Chief Mike Carlson.
The committee met to discuss plans for the Town Wide Celebration on July 6th.
- Reviewed the schedule for the day and finalized it.
- Still need to contact Killington Fire Department to use their grill and Keyser energy to obtain a donation for propane.
- Bill will confirm the bounce house and its location.
- The committee decided it would be best to move Happy Cow Ice Cream Cones to allow people to see DHART when they land and not be in the line.
- Bill will follow up with DHART to confirm landing site and what Fire Department assistance will be needed
- If they need to land at an outlying area of the park Hathaway Farms could use their wagon to move groups back and forth.
- Discussed the chili cook off. The Town of Poultney will be contacted to ask how they made their event successful.
- Received a proposal from Kamudas Market in Pittsford for food. They will be our vendor this year for the food needed for the cookout.
- Josh will contact Mitchell Tees to purchase T-Shirts for the event
- Bill will finish the flyer and have it printed soon. Copies will be given to the school to so a copy can be sent home with students. Additional copies will be available at Town Hall.
- We will ask the school to add the event to their marquee sign.
- Bill will follow up with the Rutland County Sheriff Department and the request for a fire safety trailer for the event to confirm attendance.
- The parking lot directly adjacent to the pool will be closed, except for the handicap spaces, to allow the Fire Department, Regional Ambulance, Jump for Fun and Happy Cow Cones to setup a space for the public to easily access and not worry about traffic.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 4:25 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.