Fire Committee Minutes 7-21-2020
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
FIRE COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY JULY 21st, 2020
The Fire Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 5:00 PM on Tuesday July 21st, 2020 via a publicly published conference call line. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Member John Paul Faignant, Town Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet, Town Fire Chief Chris Clark and Town Assistant Fire Chief Michael Carlson.
The committee discussed the progress of the committee to replace Engine 3.
- Chief Clark said the truck committee work is continuing.
- The committee is discussing new extrication tools be included in this purchase.
- This will allow the correct compartment and mounts to be included in the design of the new truck. The current tools are about 25 years old.
- The approximate cost to replace them is about $34,000. The tools quotes were not the ones the department was looking at so an updated quote is being provided.
- Discussed the possibility of being able to sell our existing tools to another department. Chief Clark will look into this.
- There may a possibility of trading them in as well.
- The tools we being looked at also have a lifetime warranty.
- The new tools are battery powered.
- The cost of the tools can come from the depreciation account.
- The committee supports the purchase of the new tools.
- The committee has met with 4 vendors. Some more are planned. Chief Clark estimates we could be ready to send our bid requests by the end of August.
- The drains for the redesigned gutters have been installed. The rest of the retrofit will be done soon.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:10 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet