Planning Commission Minutes 1-9-2020
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: January 9th, 2020
RUTLAND TOWN CENTER RUTLAND FIRE STATION
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chairperson Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Sherman Hunter, Norman Cohen, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli, Andy McKane by phone
Approval of the Agenda:
- Hunter moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Stearns seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- A copy of the Town of Rutland personnel policy which was updated and approved by the Select Board was presented to each member, this is separate from the transparency document which was worked on by some Commission members.
- Stearns discussed the transparency document and how the members arrived at the final draft.
- Discussed the application of the guidelines in the transparency document
- Hunter moved to accept the guide, with dates corrected. Mr. Peterson seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Mary Beth Poli presented a summary to the commission members of a municipal seminar day she attended. It covered permitting, natural resources, environmental programs and other topics.
- Reviewed the Planning Commission budget, and what expenses are incurred by the Commission.
- Andres (Torizzo) reiterated his offer to help when permits related to the Storm Water Ordinance are submitted.
- A mylar has not yet been submitted for filing from the Rob Shawn Place subdivision request. Bill will reach out to the attorney representing them and remind him of the deadline.
- Discussed the remodel efforts at the former Flory Plaza site.
- Reviewed the progress toward the proposed pocket park in Center Rutland.
Approval of minutes December 19th, 2019:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. Mr. Cohen suggested some corrections/additions. Ms. Noyes-Pulling offered some clarifying corrections.
- Peterson amended his motion tom accept the minutes as corrected. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Stearns moved to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 7:21 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair