Planning Commission Minutes 10-4-18
TOWN OF RUTLAND
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Dick Lloyd, Norman Cohen, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns
Approval of the Agenda:
- Cohen moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Hunter made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Mike Fiske addressed the commission in regards to his proposal to purchase land adjacent to his for the purpose of expanding his property, not for developing. He is requesting a boundary line adjustment.
- A new plat will be required prior to approval.
- The commission requested he bring a survey plat to a subsequent meeting and a cover letter making the request and outlining the proposed changes.
- Mike Young addresses the commission in regards to his property on the corner of Easy Street and Post Road. He is requesting a boundary line adjustment.
- The commission requested a complete survey and a cover letter making the request and outlining the proposed changes.
- All of the pins have been located.
- Burgess updated the commission on a possible future subdivision on West Proctor Road.
- Noyes-Pulling reported on the presentation to the select board of the energy plan proposal.
- Covered the view shed survey currently available for anyone to complete. The project in collaboration with Middlebury College is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
- Cohen presented the commission with a proposal of some additional language and criteria for the energy plan. Discussion about not being able to add it since the plan has been given to the select board. Discussion of are additional requirements needed. This will be added to the next agenda for further discussion.
- Noyes-Pulling provided copies of the Business Route 4 study report to be given to the select board for review.
- Reviewed the look of the document.
- Discussed the pocket park topic.
- Discussed need for any additional imaging
- Cohen moved the chair be authorized to submit, to the select board, the executive summary and report presented as modified by the various comments given during the discussion. Mr. Peterson made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Reviewed the recent visit to the proposed pocket park site on Simons Avenue. Discussed the proposed renovations.
Approval of minutes 9/13/18:
- Burgess moved to approve with changes and corrections discussed. Mr. Hunter made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously with Mr. Stearns abstaining.
- Peterson moved to adjourn. Mr. Lloyd made a second to the motion. The motion passed successfully. The meeting adjourned at 8:22 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet