Planning Commission Minutes 11-15-18
TOWN OF RUTLAND
DATE: November 15th, 2018
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Dick Lloyd, Andy McKane, Jerry Stearns
Approval of the Agenda:
Ms. Noyes-Pulling asked to add an update to the view shed survey and a forest fragmentation to the agenda. Mr. Hunter moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Lloyd made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
New Business; review the results of the view shed survey:
- Noyes-Pulling presented the results of the view shed survey from the online responses. This has been provided to the Middlebury College program. Follow up and maps will be coming from them in the future.
New Business; discussion of a forest fragmentation survey received from the state:
- Survey received from the Department of Forest, Parks & Recreation.
- Discussion of what forest fragmentation means, maintaining wildlife corridors
- Reviewed and answered questions from the survey
Old Business; Review of updated subdivision forms and subsequent changes:
- Review of updated subdivision forms
- Discussed changes made to instruction form and some minor changes needed
- Reviewed changes made to other forms, discussed changes needing to be made
- Updated forms will be ready in January.
- Discussion of survey pin requirements
- Discussion of adding a question asking if applicant owned the land.
- Business route 4 recommendations have been given to the Select Board
- Report will be added to the website
- Zoning regulations from the Town of Pittsford have been provided to us
- Bill Sweet and Marty Wasserman have been working on the town Hazard Mitigation Plan. Planning commission members are encouraged to participate. A community background sheet has been handed out for members to review for updating.
- The final plat for the Thomas Dairy subdivision is due by December 12th.
Approval of minutes 10/25/2018:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter made a second to the motion. The motion passed 6-0 with Mr. McKane abstaining
- Stearns made a motion to adjourn. Mr. McKane made a second to the motion. The motion passed unanimously and the meeting adjourned at 8:37 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair