Planning Commission Minutes 3-7-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND
DATE March 7th, 2019
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL HALL
OPEN MEETING 7:00 P.M.
Present: Chair Person Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, , Norman Cohen, Jerry Stearns, Mary Beth Poli
Approval of the Agenda:
Mr. Peterson moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Stearns seconded the motion the motion passed 6-0.
Review of the draft of the update to the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- If any members have input please let Bill know by the 19th so they can be passed along.
Update on Act 250 application for Paquette Storage expansion
- After discussing the matter with the town attorney, no action will be taken to request a hearing
- Discussed the various aspects of concerns including the boundary, how the land record is recorded and fire department access.
Update on Business Route 4 Grants / Partnerships
- The Select Board would like the commission to look into funding opportunities.
- Discussed the pocket park location off of Simons Avenue
- Mark Youngstrom, who helped with providing some conceptual drawings, will be invited to a future commission meeting.
Discuss New Boundary Line Adjustment forms
- The goal will be to keep the forms to 1 or 2 pages.
- Reviewed some examples of forms from other towns.
- A new ordinance will not be created from this process
- Discussed having plats currently on file as 1 of the requirements
- Reviewed a list of basic items to be included
- There will be a public hearing on March 28th for the draft of the energy portion of the town plan
- An energy committee may be formed in the future in conjunction with the Select Board
- Stearns clarified the new driveway for the Paquette property isn’t being discussed to single them out, but rather to highlight the need for attention to be paid to this for future land development.
- Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway may be invited to a future meeting to discuss the issue of private road construction
- Peterson will work on language to outline a process for notification regarding a new private road being built. This can better help get different town departments, such as highway and fire, aware of new types of construction and access to it.
Approval of minutes 2/21/2019:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Cohen seconded the motion. After discussion, there were some clerical changes made. The motion passed 6-0.
- Stearns moved to adjourn. Mr. Burgess seconded the motion.
The motion passed 6-0.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair