Planning Commission Minutes 5-14-2020
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: May 15th, 2020
Publicly accessible conference line
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chairperson Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Andy McKane, Mary Beth Poli, Jim Hall and Norman Cohen
Approval of the Agenda:
Mr. Cohen moved to approve the agenda. Mr. McKane seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
New Business: Discussion of Rutland Railway Association Museum
- Bill spoke with one of the longtime members of the museum, they are not the owners of the building. They are a tenant; the State of VT owns the building.
- If it were to be moved great care would have to be taken in doing so.
- There is another member we will contact to discuss with them.
- Discussed possible areas near by it could be moved to.
- Reviewed maps of the area, the railway owned area is small, and all the surrounding areas are privately owned.
- The unused railroad bridge is owned by Earle’s Truck Repair and is private property.
- Peterson suggested looking into how to get signage along Business Route 4 to help locate this historic area.
New Business: Preview of Stormwater Ordinance online map
- The map is the first draft and. Ms. Noyes-Pulling would like all the members to use the tool and provide some feedback which can be given back to Watershed Consulting Associates to update it for final release.
- The commission took time going through various aspects of the new tool and took notes to pass along to the creating firm.
- Burgess will provide some addresses to the commission members so they can see various results in the tool.
New Business: Planning Commission budget to actuals (up to 4/30/20)
- Noyes-Pulling provided updated budget expenditure numbers and there was a discussion of expenditure procedures from the Select Board.
- Poli let the commission know she works for the firm who is part of a water line project the town is in the process of having built. She works in an administrative role for this project.
Approval of minutes 4/23/2020:
- Peterson moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. After some clerical corrections, Mr. Peterson moved to approve the minutes as corrected. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion was passed unanimously.
- Hall moved to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 8:02 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair