Planning Commission Minutes 9-12-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND PLANNING COMMISSION
DATE: September 12th, 2019
CENTER RUTLAND FIRE STATION
OPEN MEETING 6:30 P.M.
Present: Chairperson Barbara Noyes-Pulling, Dana Peterson, Howard Burgess, Sherman Hunter, Andy McKane, Mary Beth Poli, Norman Cohen, Jim Hall
Approval of the Agenda:
- Hunter moved to approve the agenda with an amendment adding a discussion under old business of the draft transparency document. Mr. McKane seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
New Business: Parcel mapping of the Moon and Mussey Brook watersheds;
- Discussed how to best mark off parcels once identified. 2 members will use the parcel list and mark them as identified. These will have a special field designation in the Rutland Town Grand List to be able to create mailings in the future.
- The members used the Vermont Interactive Map Viewer to identify affected parcels.
- All parcel owners in the neighborhoods reviewed were identified.
- The mapping exercise was paused to hear from town residents who are interested in applying for a subdivision permit.
- The exercise resumed after the subdivision discussion.
- A discussion was had on the best way to complete the mapping exercise and then a mailing of this size.
- A special work session would be needed to complete the mapping.
- Another time would need to be scheduled to create the mailing.
- September 18th at 530 PM at Town Hall was set to complete the mapping project.
New Business: Subdivision proposal from Peter Kunzler of Tamarack Lane;
- The commission reviewed the proposal as presented. A portion of the parcel is in the current use program.
- There are 2 current parcels. They are looking to move a boundary line, still maintaining 2 parcels.
- A new map would show a new 4.5 acre parcel with the balance of the parcel being rolled into the farm parcel.
- The property owner would need an amended wastewater permit from the state.
- Cohen discussed having Planning Commission approval contingent on them getting state approval for the boundary line adjustment.
- The letter which will be sent to the property owners affect by the storm water ordinance was reviewed. There was a small clerical change made by changing storm water commission to storm water/planning commission at the end of the letter
- Follow up discussion on the transparency document. Mr. Peterson said he would chair a sub committee to talk about ideas and look at differences. A committee will be put together and meet at a future time to begin discussion.
- Noyes-Pulling informed the Select Board at a recent meeting about the Boundary Line Adjustment with Isovolta and their request for the town to continue to maintain the end of Windcrest Road East of the railroad tracks.
Approval of minutes August 22nd, 2019:
- Noyes-Pulling moved to approve the minutes. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Noyes-Pulling moved to adjourn. Mr. Hunter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously, and the meeting adjourned at 8:58 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet
Rutland Town Planning Commission Chair