Police Committee Meeting Minutes 10-18-18
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
POLICE COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY OCTOBER 18th, 2018
The Police Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 9:00 AM on Thursday, October 18th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Josh Terenzini, Board member Sharon Russell, RT Police Chief Ed Dumas, RT Police Captain Ted Washburn and Board Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- Discussion of proposed budget for FY 2019.
- Proposed an increase of PD salaries by 2% for all officers
- Discussion of merit raises
- The lines for Sheriff Department and Catastrophic Contingency have not been used in 3 years and can be removed
- Review of administrative and overtime costs
- Reviewed the cost to equip a new cruiser
- Discussion of increases to communications
- Review of costs for uniforms, new and cleaning
- Review of equipment line and what expenses should be included in this category
- Adjustments should be made between communication and equipment to balance current expenditures
- Discussion of vehicles, purchase and lease program due to need for new cruiser
- Review of fuel and maintenance fuel prices expected to rise
- Review of training budget, less used and will be adjusted in next budget
- Review of insurance and liability coverage
- Review of health insurance, will be adjusted slightly due to expected changes
- Wage and salary adjustment line will be 0 this year
- The first draft of the budget totaled $438695, a 17% ($65,796) increase over last year after accounting for $98760 in anticipated reimbursements
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 10:17AM.
Respectfully submitted Mr. Bill Sweet.