Rec Committee Minutes 8-13-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 13th, 2019
The Recreation Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 10:00 AM on Tuesday June 25th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Member John Paul Faignant, Board Member Sharon Russell, Recreation Director Mike Rowe, Town Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway, Town Lister Howard Burgess and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- An opportunity to expand recreation area and parking at Dewey Field is possible with the help of the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Reviewed the concept of a pavilion at the West side of the park. This was suggested by Steve Dodson and the committee agrees this would be a big positive for the park
- The Army Corps of Engineers requested a letter from the Town detailing what assistance we would like them to provide.
- The committee discussed adding a new parking lot overlooking the ball field, adding a looped driveway, clearing trees and adding a 20×20 pavilion structure.
- The additional parking will further aid in keeping cars off of East Proctor Road and the looped driveway will help with traffic flow.
- Discussed a suggestion from Byron Hathaway to install a culvert to carry water runoff from near the entrance to a catch basing in the parking lot. This could be completed as part of the project and would solve ponding of water.
- Hathaway will create the concept drawing of the overall project.
- Rowe will draft the letter asking for assistance.
- Discussed possible funding sources including the capital improvement fund.
- Dodson, from the Army Corps of Engineers will be back in Rutland on August 24th and would like to review the site with some of his crew. Mr. Burgess will meet him at the site.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 10:30 AM
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.