Select Board Minutes 10-29-19
TOWN OF RUTLAND SELECT BOARD OPEN MEETING
RUTLAND TOWN MUNICIPAL BUILDING
181 US BUSINESS ROUTE 4, CENTER RUTLAND, VT 05736
OCTOBER 29th, 2019
- Board members present: Josh Terenzini, Mary Ashcroft, Sharon Russell
- Meeting opened at 6:00 P.M. with the Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Orders
The Board approved the orders
Approval of Select Board Minutes for October 15th:
- Ashcroft moved to approve the minutes. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
New Business: Board to meet with Ralph Meima from Green Lantern Solar;
- The option to lease agreement, was received from the town attorney today and board members have not had a chance to fully review it yet.
- The document will be referred to the energy committee for review and discussion.
New Business: Board to review bids received for the remodel of the Clerks office;
- Only 1 bid was received from the last request period, from Kyle Bedard Builders.
- Discussed the difference in the 2 prices, with flooring and ceiling tiles.
- Ashcroft moved to accept the bid of $39,117.50. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
- Reviewed a quote from Gawet marble for $595 to cut marble pieces to be used on the front of the counter. Ms. Ashcroft moved to approve the quote. Ms. Russell seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0
New Business: Board to review and discuss heat pump proposals;
- Reviewed 3 quotes received for heat pump systems to be installed at Town Hall and the transfer station. Bill Lohsen Plumbing, Green Earth Energy and Paquette Plumbing were the bidders
- Efficiency Vermont is going to give additional money toward the project above the rebates included in the quote.
- The total quoted from Bill Lohsen is $9900.
- The total quoted from Green Earth Energy is $11,100.
- The total quoted from Paquette plumbing is $10,934.88. A separate electrician would be required on this bid.
- Russell moved to accept the bid from Bill Lohsen. Ms. Ashcroft seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0.
New Business: Board to discuss road conditions on Campbell Road;
- Road Commissioner Byron Hathaway and Mr. Jim Hall provided information and background to the board.
- Discussed how the maintenance agreement for Campbell Road came to be.
- Discussed an offer made to city to allow them to use the town paving bid pricing to be able to pave Campbell road, which was rejected by the city.
- The section of Campbell Road in question lies wholly inside the boundary of the City of Rutland and is approximately 1 mile.
- This topic has also come up at the City of Rutland Board of Alderman meeting recently and they are interested in having their inter-municipality committees meet with ours.
- Hall discussed the current condition of the road.
- Hall indicated to him the city has no plans to do any improvement to this road.
Department heads were polled to see if they had anything urgent to discuss, since a board member had to leave early and there would no loner be a quorum. Noone had anything which needed a decision tonight.
Committee meeting updates:
- Fire and Recreation Committees met earlier and reviewed their preliminary budget proposals for 2020 – 2021.
- Terenzini asked the board if they would agree to a 3% raise to the town employees again for the next budget year.
Ms. Russell moved to adjourn. Ms. Ashcroft seconded the motion. The motion passed 3-0. The meeting was adjourned at 6:38 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Mr. Bill Sweet
|Joshua C. Terenzini, Chairman|
|Mary Ashcroft, Clerk|
|John Paul Faignant|
Center Rutland, VT.