Rec Committee Meeting 10-29-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY OCTOBER 29th, 2019
The Recreation Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 4:30 PM on Tuesday October 29th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Joshua Terenzini, Board Member Sharon Russell, Recreation Director Mike Rowe and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- Committee reviewed the budget proposal submitted by Mr. Rowe for 2020 – 2021.
- Discussed adding funds for the purchase of playground equipment specially designed for the handicap. Mr. Rowe said he could accommodate the purchase of this within the current proposed budget.
- Rowe said the pool will need to be replaced within the next 8 to 10 years. The current depreciation contribution may need to be increased to prepare for this expense.
- The new 9 hole disc golf course has been installed and is ready to be used.
- A map and score sheet for the course has been placed on the Rec page on the Town website.
- The new signs will be put up in the spring after a final decision on design has been made
- A future expansion of an additional 9 holes is already planned.
- The committee reviewed some of the items on the recreation 5 year plan.
- The zero turn mower will need to be replaced in 2021.
- A new fence will need to be installed at Dewey Field in 2022.
- Planning for the new pool will need to start in 2023.
- Discussed what changes would need to be made to the depreciation fund to cover the cost of replacing the pool. Mr. Rowe will look at the cost and come up with a recommendation.
- Discussed whether or not to replace or remove the baseball field lights at Dewey field. It is more likely they will be removed than replaced.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:00 PM
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.