Building Committee Minutes 5-14-19
RUTLAND TOWN SELECT BOARD
BUILDING COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY MAY 14TH, 2019
The Building Committee of the Rutland Town Select Board met at 5:00 PM on Tuesday May 14th at the Municipal Town Hall. Present was Board Chair Josh Terenzini, Board member Joe Denardo, Board member JP Faignant, Town Clerk & Treasurer Kirsten Hathaway and Administrative Assistant Bill Sweet.
- Remodel of Clerk & Treasurer Office
- Discussed the feasibility of using marble blocks leftover from the fire station on the front of the counter as new facing. Bill will bring a sample to Gawet marble to see if they can cut it to the size we would need and what the cost would be. We need approximately 54 square feet.
- Kirsten presented a draft RFP for review. Some minor edits were made. The final version will be presented to the full board on the 28th for approval.
- A specified site visit date will be set and included in the RFP. The RFP summary will be published in the paper. A full version with specifications will be posted online.
- The Select Board meetings may need to be moved to the Center Rutland Sire station during the remodel since the Clerk and Treasurer will need to temporarily move into the board room during construction.
- The quote for all new office furniture was reviewed for a total of $9227.30. A recommendation will be made to the full board at the meeting on May 14th to purchase this furniture out of this years’ budget.
- Town Hall phone system
- This will be looked at after July 1st
- Review recommendations from Dan Mackey at GMP.
- List provided from Mr. Mackey included installing timers on water heaters at various town buildings, installing heat pumps at the McKinley Avenue fire station and the transfer station.
- Some financial assistance may be available, he requested pricing for the heat pumps to be installed at Town Hall. Bill will contact B.E. McGee’s again for the price.
- Bernie Valente has been contacted about the various projects for Town Hall. He has them added to his schedule.
There being no other business the meeting adjourned at 5:30 PM
Respectfully submitted, Bill Sweet.